Buy a piece of your favorite players’ action or sell your own to spread the cost of your tournaments.
Day 2 staking available!
Players surviving past Day 1 in phased tournaments can also continue to sell their action – make railing a multi-day event more exciting than ever by grabbing a share in a player much closer to the big prizes!
The base price per 1% of a player’s Day 2 action is calculated using the Adjusted for Stack (AdjS) formula, which considers both the Day 2 starting chip stack and the Day 1 starting stack. If you make it to a second or final day with less than the Day 1 starting stack, you will be unable to sell any stakes.
A new way to share the excitement
There’s a ton of new possibilities and directions for your poker journey to take thanks to Tournament Staking – back multiple players in an event, back your friends or get behind your favorite Ambassadors. Alternatively, sell your own action to others to share the journey and the cost.
Staking is integrated directly into the GGPoker.ca app and facilitates investing in others by buying a percentage of their ‘action’; a proportion of the cost of their entry fee into the tournament with an added player-defined margin. It couldn’t be easier – go to any tournament lobby and use the staking panel to sell your own action once registered, or visit the tournament lobby for any event that you wish to back someone in.
Once you opt to sell your action, your ‘Staking Profile’ page will be accessible to potential backers. Your Staking Profile provides info on tournament performance records. You can check out the history of any player selling their action through the tournament lobby in the GGPoker.ca app.
For example, you set up your action in the ‘Staking’ tab of the lobby for the event which you wish to compete in. The buy-in is $10. Your action is to be sold at 2x the price of the tournament entry, because you feel you have an edge. You sell 50% of your buy-in at this mark-up of 2x. A backer purchases 5% of your action for $1. In the event that you cash and make a profit, this backer will receive the equivalent percentage of your winnings that they purchased. You win $100. Your backer receives 5% of your total pay-out – $5.
Sold in 1% increments for most tournaments and in 0.1% increments for tournaments with buy-ins of $5,000 and above, any amount of your action up to 90% can be made available to backers. There’s no fee charged to players for using the Staking feature– any wins you share with your friends and other players are yours.
Tournament Staking – How it Works
The ‘Staking’ tab is found in the tournament lobby of all eligible events.
After registering for a tournament, Sellers (players selling their action) must set the percentage of their action for sale as well as the mark-up that they are selling it for. You may value your action as you see fit.
You may only sell action while a tournament’s registration period remains open. Sellers may cancel their sale at any time during this period.
Backers must pay the full amount of the stakes they buy, which are purchased in increments of 1% (or 0.1% in the case of some high-roller events). Once a Stake is purchased, it is non-refundable except in certain specific situations:
- If the Seller subsequently cancels the sale of their Action
- If the Seller unregisters from the tournament before it begins
- If a tournament is cancelled for unforeseen circumstances
Details & Limitations
- This game uses 1 deck of 52 cards and the deck is shuffled after each hand.
- Amount committed to the pot will still be in play in an event of a disconnection.
- GGPoker.ca players accept the risk of internet disconnection, due to problems with the connection between their device(s) and the servers, lag or freeze or some other problem in the player’s device(s) or how that device accesses the internet.
- Contact support should you experience any difficulties.
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to using the Staking feature.
- This service is strictly for staking purposes. No other activity or intent is permitted through the staking feature.
- All dollar ($, C$, and T$) amounts are in Canadian dollar currency (CAD).
- You acknowledge the risk of financial loss when staking other players and additionally acknowledge that GGPoker.ca bears no responsibility for any such loss.
- You agree that your use of our ‘Sell Action/Staking’ services is at your sole option, discretion and risk.
- You agree that by selling your action, the information on your ‘Staking Profile’ will be accessible to potential backers.